Thursday 25 August 2011

'Vintage In Bloom'


For my first personal project i wanted to create a collection of old vintage china i had found from antique shops to add my designs onto.

I have taken inspiration from an English country garden with vintage china and intricate lace. Mixed with delicate dancing clusters of flowers on to an old swirled edge. Dappled rose pinks, spring yellows, olive greens and shades of soft blues that glisten with edges of gold.

 
Chosen designer:
Pip Studio, using bold bright colours mixed with a softer palette brings out the detail and edging on the ceramic ware. Organised repeated clusters of flowers with trimmed edges gives a very ‘kitch’ feel.
Looking at magazines and trends of today, Country Living, Homes And Antiques, Textile View, Salvedge.





A flick through my sketch book.......


just to start by setting the mood of my project with bits of imagery i have found with all my lovely buttons and lace!


some quick paintings in gauche of some flowers i picked just to get me started.


water colour paintings, really feel like these are working well.....


Doily pattern with masking fluid and gauche really like this technique.

just some more inspiration





Pip Studio were my main inspiration.
I designed a screen to print onto paper to then play around with my water colour paintings, this worked really well as it helped me think about layouts for final design ideas.


Love the gold ink against the soft water colours.





Final Photo Shoots

I wanted to create a photo shoot scene for my final pieces to show was they would look like if purchased in reality. This was so much fun! i really enjoyed this, playing around with the lights, setting the scene with my cream rustic garden  table, with some cute cupcakes and soft flowers.

Such a lovely ending for a brilliant project :)




No comments:

Post a Comment