Thursday 18 August 2011

About me...




 A Motivated, creative, ambitious Surface Pattern Designer who enjoys the challenges of working in the world of design.

My work reflects a passion for traditional techniques such as drawing, screen printing and painting, as well as utilising digital media to assist in my design work. I am very confident in experimenting with a variety of materials and processes to explore new outcomes. 

My artwork ranges from delicate florals, natural forms, children's illustrations and retro designs. I enjoy taking inspiration from past designs and re-creating them with a fresh contempory twist. My inspiration is all around me and it can be found in magazines articles, bric-a-brac junk, books, photography, trade shows to just walking around the shops!

In terms of my work skills i am very hardworking and highly focused in what i am doing, researching briefs and get organised so as to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines. I enjoy working on my own as well as sharing creative ideas when working in a design studio. 

During my degree i have successfully combined my studies with my part time job and created a joint business designing unique hand printed homeware/gift products. Also i have completed a number of work placements with various commercial design companies such as Joules/ George Asda. From this i believe that the knowledge and experience i now have has prepared me for my future career in design

If you would like a copy of my C.V email me at kj.rowley@live.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment