Tuesday 3 January 2012

Wedgwood

There was an opportunity to design a range of products inspired by the Wedgwood museum and archives and then to be sold at their Christmas Fairlyland event. From this i took some photographs of any colours and decorations of the ceramic ware. From this decided to create a children's range of products including aprons, shopping bags, baby booties etc.

My main inspiration was the new Wedgwood Harliquin collection...







 From this a colour palette was chosen which is fun, happy and bright with the traditional Wedgwood blues.

 Just a few drawings in my sketchbook......





From my research, i decided to create an all over repeat design for boys, using the theme classic toys from a ceramic piece i spotted in the museum. 



 Then i tested fabrics out using cotton and linen for the baby booties and from my colour board mixed colours to match.Ditsy designs, spots and mushroom valley inspired by the Wedgwood collection



Repeated lengths just after printing, dark blue print on white cotton, pastel blue on dyed blue cotton
I loved designing and printed my lengths, i pushed myself in created a fabric not just on cotton but dyed fabric to.
I also created ditsy patterns (mushroom valley and spots) for added extra patterns such as pockets, bunting and booties.
Full of fabrics ready to be made into something :)




At the Wedgwood Fairyland event.....



No comments:

Post a Comment